Angels and Demons Semi-Private Vatican Tour 2022
About Angels and Demons Tour
Follow the trail left behind by Robert Langdon, the protagonist of Dan Brown’s bestseller, Angels and Demons, and discover Illuminati mysteries of Rome and the Vatican.
Angels and Demons Tour
Experience Vatican and Rome in an unusual fantasy setting by going on a Half-day Angels and Demons Tour that follows the trail of Robert Langdon in the Angels and Demons written by the best-selling novelist Dan Brown.
This 3.5-hour tour starts at the Pantheon, where the novel’s protagonist arrives by misunderstanding a clue. Your second stop will be Santa Maria del Popolo church. This church is well-known for the Chigi Chapel, where the first dead cardinal was found in the novel.
After that, you’ll head to the St. Peter’s Basilica, after which you’ll enter the Vatican. But the Tour doesn’t stop there. During this half-day private Tour, you’ll go on a journey of tracing all the places in the Angels and Demons novel. Your expert guide will walk you through the entire story, revealing exciting facts about the book, the Vatican, and the Eternal City.
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (for hotels inside the Aurelian Walls)
- Small-group tour
- Admission fee for Castel Sant’Angelo
- Gratuities (optional)
- English, Italian
Tour Meeting Point
In front of Church Santa Maria della Vittoria, Via Venti Settembre, 17, 00187 Rome.
Explore the path of the Illuminati on a guided tour
Follow the trail of the protagonist from Brown’s bestseller novel through Rome
Enjoy a blend of literature and history with an amazing tour guide
Don’t stress out about finding the best tour, we’ve got you covered!
Good to know before you go
- The entrance tickets are timed, which means that late arrivals can not be granted access.
- Entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel is only permitted to visitors dressed appropriately. No hats are allowed, and your shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Photography or filming is not allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- It is obligatory to deposit suitcases, large backpacks, and umbrellas in the cloakroom.
- Students aged 18-25 must have their international student cards and ID cards as proof of age on the day of the visit.
- Children under 18 years must have their documents with them as proof of age on the day of the visit.
- On arrival at The Vatican, please follow the signs for the Groups Entrance with Online Reservations. There may be a wait at this entrance of up to 10 minutes. All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
FAQ – Vatican Tour: Angels & Demons
Was angels and demons really filmed at the Vatican?
The movie was filmed on beautiful recreated sets of the Sistine Chapel and Pope’s Office. The location for filming many of the Angels and Demons scenes in Vatican City was Caserta Royal Palace because filming in Vatican City was forbidden.
Is it worth getting a guided tour of the Vatican?
A Guided Tour of the Vatican City State will make your visit even more memorable. Tour the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Saint Peter’s Basilica, and the tomb of the first pope. A guided tour is undoubtedly worth your money and time!
Where was Angels and Demons filmed in Rome?
The film Angels and Demons was filmed in Caserta Royal Palace, northeast of Naples.
An experience you don’t want to miss!
Easy & Fast booking process
Informative and fun tour
Wonderful, informative, fun tour. Louisa was very knowledgeable and passionate about the artists and their history which was what we wanted to focus on more than just the Book or Movie plots. Her English was superb so she was very easy to understand even with the hub bub of the City around us.
Unforgettable experience! This Angels & Demons walking Tour was excellent. St Peter's Square, Saint Peter Basilica, and St Pater's tomb were incredible to see in person. This was my favorite Tour of all the Italian cities.
Book the Amazing Angels & Demons Tour of the Vatican Right Away!
- Follow the trail from the best-selling book through Vatican & Rome
- Free Cancellation Policy