Vatican Museums Tour 2022
About Vatican Museums Tour
Explore Vatican Museums before the general public arrives by skipping the ticket lines. Witness masterpieces created by Raphael, Bernini, Michelangelo and many more coupled with a visit to the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Vatican Museum Tour
Uncover one of the world’s most significant and famous art collections during your guided tour of the Vatican Museums. A knowledgeable local guide will walk you through the most exciting galleries within the museums – Gallery of Tapestries, the Rotunda, Raphael’s Room, and Gallery of Maps.
Each room inside the Vatican Museum contains ornate ceilings with the walls decorated with ancient statues, frescoes, and tapestries. Of course, the most remarkable gem of the Vatican collection is not a painting on any wall, but an entire ceiling and wall entirely frescoed by the greatest master of the Renaissance period – Michelangelo Buonarotti. From the Last Judgement to the Creation of Adam, Michelangelo dedicated some of his most excellent years to the Sistine Chapel. He worked day and night – even sleeping inside of the chapel. Michelangelo also expressed his frustration with jokes hidden in his artwork. Today these jokes have been uncovered and recognized.
Listen as your local guide lets you in on Michelangelo’s private jokes. By having small tour groups we make sure you’ll have the best experience and that your tour guide can pay full attention to everyone’s questions and needs. During your Vatican Museum Tour, your guide will help you avoid all the crowds and show you some of the world’s most beautiful masterpieces.
- Saint Peter’s Square, Vatican City guided tour
- Sistine Chapel entry ticket
- Vatican Museums entry ticket
- Access to Vatican City
- Access to Saint Peter’s Square
- Live tour guide
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Tour Meeting Point
Meet your guide at Touristation, 150 feet from the entrance to the Vatican Museums.
Enter the Vatican Museums one hour before the general public and skip the ticket line at the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
Admire Michelangelo’s frescoes
Explore the Vatican Museums with a knowledgeable guide
Get ready for the unforgettable tour trough Vatican’s history!
Uncover centuries of art and culture on your tour of the Vatican Museums.
Good to know before you go
- The entrance tickets are timed, which means that late arrivals can not be granted access
- Entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel is only permitted to visitors dressed appropriately. Shoulders and knees must be covered and no hats are allowed
- No photography or filming is permitted inside the Sistine Chapel
- It is obligatory to deposit suitcases, large backpacks and umbrellas in the cloakroom
- Students aged 18-25 must have their international student cards and ID cards as a proof of age with them on the day of the visit
- Children under 18 years must have their documents with them as a proof of age on the day of the visit
- On arrival at The Vatican, please follow the signs for the Groups Entrance with Online Reservations. There may be a wait at this entrance of up to 10 minutes. All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
FAQ – Vatican Museum Tours
Is the Vatican Museum tour worth it?
A visit to the world’s smallest state while you’re in Italy is something you don’t want to miss. Discover the centuries of art and culture kept inside the Vatican Museums, awe at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, and enter St Peter’s Basilica. We recommend booking one of the small group tours of the Vatican Museum – it is definitely worth your time and money.
Which tour of the Vatican is best?
There are countless options out there. Thankfully we’ve put together the best Vatican City tours for you. You can choose between a Sistine Chapel tour, St Peter’s Basilica tour, or even a Private Tour. The best tour is the one that offers you everything you want to see while you’re on your trip.
How long is the Vatican Museum tour?
Vatican Museum tour takes around 2 – 4 hours. The duration of the tour depends on what type of tour you book, but 3 hours will be more than enough for you to visit and enjoy the art and exhibitions inside of the Vatican Museums. After the guided tour, you should see the Vatican Gardens and other popular Vatican attractions.
How much does a tour of the Vatican cost?
The price of Vatican Museum tours is around 45 €. Although you can walk in and visit the Vatican City for free, you still need to pay to see the Vatican Museums. Going on one of the available guided Vatican Museum Tours will get the best value for your money. You will be able to explore Vatican’s top attraction in a small group, and you will also have skip-the-line access.
An experience you don’t want to miss!
Easy & Fast booking process
The ultimate Vatican Museum Experience
Our guide loves the Vatican and has made it her mission to help tourists explore all of its most famous artwork as well as the back story and details you couldn’t get any other way. Elaine ensured that our group was at the front of the early entry line so we had the Vatican museum almost to ourselves.
Don't miss to book this tour!
Guia was our guide and did a great job. We did the small group tour of Vatican Museums. There were approx. 20 people for 2.5 hours. Since we had an afternoon tour in July, the museum was packed and extremely crowded in certain sections, but our guide did an awesome job of finding shade, keeping us engaged, and explaining aspects of the Sistine Chapel fresco. Highly recommend a guided tour when visiting the Vatican Museum to get the most out of your time there.
Book Your Vatican Museums Tour Today!
- Live tour guide & optional audio guide available
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance