The Best Vatican Night Tour 2023
T&T Recommends | Exclusive Access
About Vatican at Night Tour
Get a once in a lifetime experience of visiting and touring the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter’s Basilica, along with all of the masterpieces they hold at night.
Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel: Tour at Night
This 3-hour long Vatican at night walking Tour of Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel allows you to immerse yourself in the art inside of the Vatican. Your experienced tour guide will bring Vatican’s art and history to life right in front of your eyes while exploring the mosaics and crafts from the Roman imperial era.
With this tour, you can avoid standing in line for tickets and gain immediate access to the Vatican Museum. There you’ll be guided through the Tapestries Gallery, the Gallery of Maps, The Gallery of the Candelabra, and the well-known Raphael’s Room. Your guided Vatican night tour will end inside the Sistine Chapel, where you’ll see two of the world-famous masterpieces of Michelangelo – The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam.
This Vatican Night Tour will give you a unique experience of exploration of the Vatican. The night setting will make the Vatican even more fascinating and charming. This guided tour will also add something interesting to your learning about the art and history of the Vatican under the evening light of the city. A Vatican visit at night is a truly unique way of experiencing modern Vatican City.
Your expert guide will show you and tell you all about the incredible renaissance art inside of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. There are fewer crowds in the evening compared to the daytime crowds so you won’t have to wait around for museum entrance. You’ll freely enjoy attractions, such as Sistine Chapel, Raphael Rooms, Vatican Gardens, and Vatican Museums with few visitors. And you will enjoy being a part of small group tours as you marvel at the art, history, and hidden treasures of the Vatican.
- Vatican Museums guided tour
- Access to Vatican Museums
- Access to Sistine Chapel
- Live tour guide
- Hotel pickup
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Luggage or large bags
Make your visit to the Vatican unforgettable! Book your very own Vatican Evening Tour
Admire the Sistine Chapel, with Michelangelo’s Last Judgement and Creation of Adam
Enjoy skip-the-ticket-line entry to the Sistine Chapel
Visit the Gallery of Maps, the Gallery of Tapestries, and the Gallery of the Candelabra
Marvel at masterpieces and finest ancient sculptures done by Michelangelo, Raphael, Da Vinci, Caravaggio, and many more
Good to know before you go
- The entrance tickets are timed, which means that late arrivals can not be granted access.
- Entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel is only permitted to visitors dressed appropriately. Shoulders and knees must be covered and no hats are allowed.
- No photography or filming is permitted inside the Sistine Chapel.
- It is obligatory to deposit suitcases, large backpacks, and umbrellas in the cloakroom.
- Students aged 18-25 must have their international student cards and ID cards as a proof of age with them on the day of the visit.
- Children under 18 years must have their documents with them as a proof of age on the day of the visit.
- On arrival at The Vatican, please follow the signs for the Groups Entrance with Online Reservations. There may be a wait at this entrance of up to 10 minutes. All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
FAQ – Vatican Night Tours
Can you visit the Vatican at night?You can visit the Vatican at night. There are special openings on Friday evenings from April to October. There are 35 000 tickets for the Vatican sold during the day, and 8 000 people can visit the city at night.
Can you see the Vatican without a tour?You can visit the Vatican without a tour. If you don’t want to go on a guided tour, have a look at our selection of Vatican Skip-The-Line Tickets.
Is it worth getting a guided tour of the Vatican?Yes, a guided tour of the Vatican is well worth the cost. The fantastic tour includes all of the Vatican highlights and top attractions, and your amazing tour guide will take you on a fantastic journey through centuries of art and culture.
How late is the Vatican open?Vatican working hours are from 9 AM to 6 PM. It’s closed on Sundays except for the last Sunday of the month when Vatican opening hours are from 9 AM to 2 PM.
Like what you see? Book Vatican Tour at Night now!
Easy & Fast booking process
Night Vatican Tour with Private Access Fun
My English speaking guide was very attentive and super knowledgeable. He showed me details that I had not noticed and not to mention that the paintings are extraordinary. The Tour was incredible! Definitely do this to avoid the crowds!
Walking through the elaborate halls of Vatican Museums during the evening had a very special ambiance. The professional guides of our tour told us all about the roman sculptures, Raphael's rooms, and the Gallery of the Tapestries during our private tours of the Vatican.
Book Your Tour & Explore Vatican at Night!
- Have a unique experience of discovering the Vatican during the nighttime.
- Free Cancellation