Private Vatican Tour 2022
About Vatican Private Tour
With your private guide, discover centuries of art and culture kept in the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel private walking tour.
Private Vatican Tour
Avoid a big crowd and wait in a long line at the entrance by taking a Vatican private tour of the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums. Your professional guide will help you discover the beauty of Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel at your own pace during this private guided Tour. Your guide will also tailor your Vatican private tour to all your needs and likings.
One thing is guaranteed, you’ll learn everything about Vatican’s history – from its beginnings to Vatican’s current status as the world’s smallest state. Vatican Museums are the second largest museum globally. They are home to the Pinacoteca, Raphael Room, and the Gallery of Maps. Altogether, the Vatican Museums have over 1400 galleries. With its variety of great Etruscan and Roman artworks, it’s home to one of the most significant art collections in the world.
Inside the museum, you can find art by masters like Rosselli, Botticelli, Della Gatta, Perugino, Ghirlandaio, Pinturicchio, and Michelangelo. With this Vatican Private Tour, it will just be you and your guide during your Vatican Museums tour.
- Vatican Museums private tour
- Access to Vatican Museums
- Access to Sistine Chapel
- Live tour guide
- Pick-up and drop off
- Optional gratuities
- English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, Italian, Russian
- People with mobility impairments
Tour Meeting Point
Meet on top the stairs across the main entrance of the Vatican Museum
Enjoy exclusive access to the museums.
Have your private guide show you Vatican State highlights.
See the best of the Vatican Museums.
Explore Renaissance art – see Michelangelo’s masterpiece inside of the Sistine Chapel.
We did the hard work and found the best tour for you!
Good to know before you go
- The entrance tickets are timed, which means that late arrivals can not be granted access.
- Entrance to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel is only permitted to visitors dressed appropriately. No hats are allowed, and your shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Weapons, sharp objects and baby strollers are not allowed.
- Photography or filming is not allowed inside the Sistine Chapel.
- It is obligatory to deposit suitcases, large backpacks, and umbrellas in the cloakroom.
- Students aged 18-25 must have their international student cards and ID cards as proof of age on the day of the visit.
- Visitors must bring passport or ID card
- Children under 18 years must have their documents with them as proof of age on the day of the visit.
- On arrival at The Vatican, please follow the signs for the Groups Entrance with Online Reservations. There may be a wait at this entrance of up to 10 minutes. All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
FAQ – Vatican Private Tour
Can you get a private tour of the Vatican?
Private Vatican Tours are available all year round. You can visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Basilica with a private guide and have the most amazing and tailor-made experience of Vatican City. You can choose among private tours available, or you can even pick semi-private tours. Either way a guided tour visit will be the best way to visit the Vatican State.
How much does a Vatican tour cost?
The cost of the Vatican Tour depends on which type of visiting experience you want to have. Private Vatican tours may be a bit more expensive than a regular small groups tour, but they are worth it if you’re going to have a unique and custom experience of your visit to the Vatican City. Plus, you’ll have private access fun!
How much does a private tour guide cost in Rome?
Private guide prices vary depending on what you want to be included in your private tours. The price is around 180 € for an approximately 2.5 hours tour per a group of up to 6 people. There are more tours available, that’s why we found the best one for you – Book your Private Vatican Tour right away!
Can you just turn up at the Vatican?
You can just walk into the Vatican State for free, but if you want to visit Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel, you have to pay the entrance fee or book a tour. Skip the line access is included in Sistine Chapel tour, and we advise you to book a guided tour to get the best value out of your Vatican visit. Or you can go on a private tour and have unique access and see all of the main highlights in the company of a knowledgeable tour guide.
Let’s go! Don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience!
Vatican Museum Private Tour
Private guided tour is the way to go. So much to see and learn that it was perfect to have a professional take us through. I highly recommend the spend for this!
Best way to experience Vatican
All the main highlights are included in this Vatican Private Tour! St Peter's Basilica, Vatican Gardens, Art Galleries, Raphael Rooms, and Orion Icon Library. The knowledgeable guide made our private Tour memorable and answered all of our questions. This is the best way to experience Vatican City.
Book your Private Tour of the Vatican Today!
- Enjoy a private group tour of Vatican highlights
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the start of the tour